Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 12, 2007

Wealth

Our Sunday school class has been studying a little book by Randy Alcorn titled The Treasure Principle. Yesterday's lesson was based on some verses in Ecclesiastes 5. "People who live only for wealth come to the end of their lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day they were born." Randy's book makes the point that heaven, not earth, is our true home, and it's foolish to over-indulge ourselves here. Rather, after meeting basic needs, we should invest our resources and time in that which is important to God (spreading the Gospel and helping the poor), and thus prepare for eternity. Makes sense.

The mass under my arm is still painful, but may be shrinking. Today I'll call and see if I can get an opinion from the oncologist when I go for chemo tomorrow morning. As I said yesterday, I don't think tumors are normally painful, so this is probably unrelated to the cancer. I hope so.

We've had several freezing nights, so the tomato plants are shot, but the green tomatoes I brought inside are ripening nicely. And our plucky camellias keep blooming. Those delicate pink petals look like they should be in the hot tropics, but here they are, surviving freezing nights. I bring two or three blossoms inside to brighten my kitchen.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Nov 12, 07:10:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Carol!
It is so nice to meet you!
What a beautiful smile you have!!!


xo,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home