Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 10, 2007

Oil

What difference does anointing with oil make? I don't know, but God called for it often. Teacher Tom says oil symbolizes both the Holy Spirit and healing, both of which are highly relevant. I'm deeply grateful for the anointing and the prayers offered for me yesterday morning in Sunday school. I'm going to take the attitude that I am being healed by the great Physician day by day.

One of our favorite themes at Christmas time is peace. After all, the angels proclaimed "Peace on Earth." Why do we have so little of it? Probably because we are committed to having things our way. Ulrich Zwingli, a Swiss theological reformer, was once in disagreement with another reformer, Martin Luther. The conflict bothered him. One morning he saw two goats approaching each other from opposite directions on a narrow mountain path. As they came together, they could have butted heads in a contest for right-of-way. Instead, the one heading upwards lay down on the path, and the other goat stepped carefully over his back and continued his downward journey. Not very culturally correct, but I think it's the way of Christ. (I don't mean we should casually lay down essential truths of the Gospel for the sake of peace; I think our conflicts are usually more selfish than that.)

Chuck and I strolled the paths of the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens last night to see the lights--more than 400,000 of them. Artistically arranged in trees, shrubs, and on the ground, covering many acres alongside canals and fountains, the lights are a splendid sight. The weather was so mild that it was a pleasure, especially for Chuck whose lungs can't handle cold night air.

Fran is home and although still in pain, she says she's doing well. We visited her yesterday afternoon, and she was up and about.

Thanks for all your prayers. I feel very undeserving of them, but oh, so grateful!

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home