Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 07, 2008

Goodbye, Grandsons

It was sad to say Goodbye to Justin and Laura yesterday morning, but they had a long way to go. Jeremy and Julianna stayed another day to give her time to get well before their long drive to Mississippi. They'll leave this morning, and Jeremy will fly to Michigan on Wednesday. He went with us to Sunday school and church yesterday--both were wonderful. The weather turned so warm that they spent the afternoon sitting in the sun, reading and talking. Then we went to the 24-7 Prayer house in uptown Charlotte for a couple of hours in the early evening. What a place! Lots of private spaces for meditation and intercession, with every sort of visual and auditory help (posters, art, CDs, videos, and lots of small lights). After that and supper, we sang our way through the same book of contemporary Christian songs that Jeremy and I had so enjoyed a year and a half ago when he was living with us and preparing to go to Niger, West Africa. (Now, as you know, he's a student at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.)

I copied a poem from 24-7 that I will pass along tomorrow; Blogger was so slow to open this morning that it's gotten late and I must go get ready for the day. So today I'll simply include a brief quotation I saw on the wall of one of the prayer carrels. It's by Rob Bell: "Why blame the dark for being dark? It's far more helpful to ask why the light isn't as bright as it should be." Well, yes. But these days, sadly, it seems that many Christians would rather rant about the darkness in today's culture than to let God's light and goodness shine light through them personally. Me too, sometimes.

I'm feeling well, though just a bit tired. The work I need to do today won't necessarily take a whole day, so I'll see how the afternoon goes.

Have a blessed day.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 08, 12:16:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger _abe said...

hey grandma. glad that jeremy and the kids got down to see you! i hope all is well. blessings my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home