Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 04, 2008

This is Saturday's post

One of our guests will be sleeping in the room where the computer is, so rather than turn on the light early Saturday morning, I'm writing now. It's so wonderful to have our grandsons and their girlfriends here. Jeremy's friend Julianna danced beautifully at SIM on Friday; so many people expressed gratitude for the worshipful experience. We've done a lot of hanging out and talking most of the day. We'll have to squeeze some tourist fun into Saturday--once everyone wakes up.

One of the songs Julianna danced to was "You Raise me up." Two years ago, when I was feeling so sick after surgery, our daughter Karin came and brought me that song on her MP3. She tucked the speaker at my ear and set the song to play over and over as I was trying to rest. Ever since then, it has brought tears to my eyes and encouragement to my heart. What a thought: to wait in silence until God comes to sit awhile with me! One doesn't need to be sick to need that!

Some much-loved friends, who have gotten to know our grandsons, came for dinner tonight. We laughed a lot.

Have a great weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home