Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Laying out the pieces

Chuck gave me a new one-year Bible for 2008 in "The Message" paraphrase. Right now it's organized with one Genesis chapter and one psalm for each day. Yesterday I read this, from Psalm 5: "Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend. . . . And here I am, your invited guest--it's incredible! I enter your house; here I am, prostrate in your inner sanctum. . . . But you'll welcome us with open arms when we run for cover to you. Let the party last all night. Stand guard over our celebration. You are famous, God, for welcoming God-seekers, for decking us out in delight." It resonated with the words I'd been reflecting on from the song "You Raise me up," about sitting quietly in God's company. I've been filling my moments with lots of activity lately, and as a result my moments with God have been growing shorter. That is not good! And I will change things.

What fun we've had with the grandsons and their girlfriends. Yesterday, at Laura's invitation, we laughed our way through the movie, "Enchanted." A princess-type girl, she loves that movie, and we all enjoyed it. Later the four of them went to the science museum Discovery Place to view the "Body Worlds" exhibition. We had seen it some months ago, and it's a little expensive, so we stayed home.

Jeremy's girlfriend Julianna, the dancer, has succumbed to a frightful cold--so bad that she's changed her travel plans and will stay until tomorrow, when Jeremy will drive with her to her ballet school in Mississippi and then fly home from there. The rest of us are being careful about hand-washing, and we're praying for protection against the germs.

I think I've mentioned that our Sunday school class is named "God Chasers." The Scripture above, "You are famous, God, for welcoming God-seekers," makes me excited about meeting God and His friends there this morning.

Have a great Sunday.
Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home