Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 25, 2008

Put back together

I was reading Psalm 18 in The Message paraphrase by Eugene Peterson. Verses 20-24 are priceless:

God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start.
Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works. I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

I like the part about being alert to God's ways, and reviewing every day the ways he works. It's easy to miss him, unless we pay attention.

The technician got the line in a vein for the X-ray contrast with no problems and no pain. I'm thankful. The C-T scan, of course, was no trouble at all. Before we left, the radiologist showed us pictures on the screen of the present scan compared with the one done last August. The tumors that were tiny then are a little larger now. They're scattered so widely that another surgery is probably not feasible. Next Tuesday's appointment with the oncologist has been rescheduled for Thursday, due to a conflict in his Tuesday. Someone is beginning her first course of chemo at the time I'd been scheduled, and he wants to be available for her. That's one of the things I appreciate about him.

I don't think C-T scans make one tired, but I slept later this morning anyway. Now I'm looking forward to the day.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home