Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The palm of God's hand

A card came yesterday with this words: "No problem is so big it won't fit in the palm of God's hand." It's wonderful to remember that truth throughout the day, every day. We used to sing "He's got the whold world in His hand . . . He's got the wind and the rain . . . He's got the tiny little baby . . . He's got you and me sister/brother in His hand, He's got the whole world in His hand."

Richard Halverson was a pastor in Washington DC and chaplain of the Senate for decades. I read about a meeting he attended during which subjects of great difficulty and danger were discussed. Halverson reached into his pocket and retrieved a small object which he proceeded to roll around in his hand. When someone mustered the courage to ask him about it, he opened his palm to reveal a miniature globe, and he replied, "He's got the whole world in His hand. I carry this with me as a reminder that our problems are in good hands."

We've had a lovely and relaxing visit with our guests. Last night we laughed our way through an old movie, "Auntie Mame." It's so old that Chuck and I saw it in the theater while we were dating in 1959. We'll go to church together this morning.

I repeat, I'm healed for today.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home