Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 25, 2008

No disappointment

My anticipation of a "good Sunday" yesterday was well-placed. Both the hugs and the lesson at Sunday school refreshed my soul. The music and message at the worship service were equally restorative. The rest of the day was for resting, relaxing, and reading. (I didn't intend all those "r"s, but they work, don't they?)

The friend whose card I quoted yesterday sent with it a book of songs by Keith and Kristyn Getty. Last evening I sat down at the piano and played and sang through the whole book. Two of the songs, There Is a Higher Throne and In Christ Alone, are big favorites that I've mentioned here, which is the reason Sarah sent the book. Now I see that the Gettys have written many other amazing songs as well.

I feel very well this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing my oncologist and nurses, and maybe even hoping the doctor will decide to do chemo--in the hope that it will strongly attack the cancer.

A young friend, who spent all her growing-up years in a small town in West Africa, sent an email on Friday asking prayer about a job interview at her college. Then, demonstrating great maturity, she added the following quotation from Paul Tripp:

"Demand is the closing of my fists over a desire. Even though I may be unaware tht I have done it, I have left my proper position of submission to God. I have decided that I must have what I have set my heart on and nothing can stand in the way. I am no longer comforted by God's desire for me; I am threatened by it, because God's will potentially stands in the way of my demand."

Much as I would like to be healed, I cannot demand it. I reaffirm my confidence that God is smarter than I am--smarter, in fact, than all of us put together. His desire, motivated by love and wisdom, is absolutely the best.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home