Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 21, 2008

In praise of the Christmas letter

This week continues to be a feast of visitors, and it's put me thinking about the value of the annual family newsletter, whether by post or email. Our guests were all close friends during one season of our lives, but then we all moved on, and there were many years when the annual letter was our only point of contact. Understandable! One can do only so much at one time. Still, because of the annual letter, we've kept up with one another's location and big events, and when opportunity comes to get together, we can pick up right where we'd left off years earlier. We're so much richer as a result.

Today will be the same. My college roommate and her husband, whom we haven't seen since they returned from the Peace Corps in Ghana in the 60s, are coming to see us! I can't wait, and I feel so blessed.

First, though, I'm taking a colleague to an MRI this morning. She's enduring endless severe headaches, and needs answers. (Just because she's single, she shouldn't have to go alone! Chuck has taught me the value of companionship at critical times.)

So as you might assume, the magazine is coming together well and it's a good week for flexible time. I want to honor the graciousness of all the SIM people around the world to whom I sent drafts for their corrections and approval. I know they're way too busy, but even when they need to make corrections, they are unfailingly courteous. It's a privilege to work with folks like these.

I hope for the results of my tumor marker test this morning, and as soon as it comes I'll post a brief update here. If it's down or leveling off, the doctor will probably recommend proceeding to chemo next Monday. If it's hugely up . . . well, who knows? Answer: God.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home