Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The story

I looked through a box of encouragement cards this morning, seeking one for a sick friend. I also found a message for myself: "God has not only read your story, He wrote it" (Max Lucado). It quotes Jeremiah 29:11, "...'I know what I am planning for you,' says the Lord. 'I have good plans for you...I will give you hope and a good future.'"

That takes me back to my post earlier about days and nights. A friend wrote back in agreement, then reminded me of this amazing and wonderful fact: "To You [God] the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are both alike to You" (Psalm 139:12).

I slept so well last night, making up I guess for many wakeful hours the night before (not worried, just wakeful). Last night was Chuck's "turn." I get very prayed for when he can't sleep. Actually, he and all of you get prayed for when I can't. I hope tonight we both sleep soundly.

The doctor couldn't find a cause for Gavin's pain. We pray it will simply clear up.
The husband of our new-kidney friend is still in the hospital, undiagnosed.

Off to get blood drawn for the CA 125. Hope to have results tomorrow.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Wed Feb 20, 09:26:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Jeremy said...

Love ya Mimi! Hopefully talk to you soon.

 
At Wed Feb 20, 10:13:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
After reading your blog this morning & thinking about the scripture from Jeremiah reminded me (again) of Milton's song that he sang on Sunday morning - "He Knows My Name, He Knows my every thought." I told Milton that it was encouraging & good to be reminded that He knows my name -- and YOUR name!! What a powerful thought!! Praying for you today & everyday.
Blessings,
Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home