Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 22, 2008

On activism and patience

It's sweet to be re-connecting with my college roommate and her husband. I admire them so much; they've been activists in the best sense of the word. Making friends worldwide through an exchange program called "Friendship Force." Helping start programs that need to be started, such as the Child Advocacy program which has now grown nationwide. Ephesians 6:8 promises: "Remember that the Lord will give a reward to everyone . . . for doing good." I feel blessed to know someone who has done so much good, even when they were very busy with their "day" jobs.

We took them to the Orchid House yesterday, and today they'd like to see the Billy Graham Library.

Do you think I can be patient about the doctor? I called yesterday to ask for a decision on proceeding to chemo Monday in view of the CA 125 and other blood tests. Found out that the doctor is away until Monday, so no sure decision can be made until then. We assume he'll say yes, so we'll pick up the powerful anti-nausea pills at the drugstore just to be ready. I'm so thankful for this kind of help.

Now, another Bible verse about doing good. "It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Chist Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others" (Ephesians 2:10). Simple enough!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home