Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Our daughter, the artist

Sue has been teaching herself to paint with acrylics by copying professional works of art. Now she's learning to do original sketches. Here are her two youngest sons, Jeremy and Justin, with their respective girlfriends, Julianna and Laura. Pretty good, I think.





I got a "D" on a small art assignment in the third grade, and I believed it. Once, in high school, I declined an offer from a good local artist to teach me art if I'd teach her daughter the piano. That's what happens when you believe you can't do something.

Now I need to believe I can get up and put in a few hours at work today. I really need to do that, and I suspect bed is just getting to be a habit. I may also be losing the battle against dehydration by sleeping when I should be drinking. I'll be very careful today to catch up on that; dehydration is one of the serious effects of this chemo, and could land me back in the doctor's office for infusion of fluids. We leave tomorrow at 7 for Nassau; the timing is a little tight.

May I request urgent prayer for my "cancer buddy" in our Sunday school class? His lungs have been cancer free for months, but he learned yesterday that he must begin chemo again, due to infected lymph nodes. We've been so thankful for his remission. Also, our Nassau friend whose lung cancer has been in remission is getting scans this week and will meet his doctors next week for an update. We pray he's still clean.

Have a great day.
Carol

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 08, 01:54:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Jeremy said...

haha...talented woman. You've got some good looking grandsons, I must say...and your grandson's got some good looking ladies. One year ago I didn't know my mom could paint. Now she's full blown artist. Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home