Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 28, 2008

So blessed

It's lovely to have Karin here. I was still very fatigued yesterday, and slept quite a bit. But Karin was available to chat when I was awake, and she cooked a delicious dinner for us. I think I'm better today, and if the bitter cold weather lets up, I may even get to the office for a few hours. We have plans for a few urgent projects and some shopping between now and Monday. Remember, she's in law school, so she came loaded with a bag full of impressive-looking books she needs to study while she's here, too.

Earlier this week, the reading from Streams in the Desert was about God's promise, "My grace is sufficient for you" (2 Corinthians 12:9). It ends with a short poem by Annie Johnson Flint.

His grace is great enough to meet the great things--
The crashing waves that overwhelm the soul,
The roaring winds that leave us stunned and breathless,
The sudden storms beyond our life's control.

His grace is great enough to meet the small things--
The little pinprick troubles that annoy,
The insect worries, buzzing and persistent,
The squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy.

Troubles great or small? God has a treasure house full of His grace with our name on it. By faith, we can draw on His resources for all our needs. His grace is sufficient. He says so!

Today is day 4 since chemo, and I've had no bad effects. I don't view the fatigue as bad, because I believe it helps me get the rest I need as the chemo does its work on the cancer. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home