Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Tired

I'm afraid that after spending most of the last four days and nights in bed, it's gotten to be a habit. That wouldn't be my preference! I didn't even get to the office yesterday at all. I must go today, at least briefly. So I was feeling sorry for myself for being so tired, and then I remembered that Jesus understands. Once He was so tired that He slept on the hard wood bottom of a boat being rocked by gale force winds. And on the most terrible night of His life, His disciples were so tired that they couldn't even stay awake and pray with Him in the garden. He does understand. Isn't that wonderful? And He promised that His grace is enough for every trial. It really is.

I skimmed through a web page of an extremely angry woman--mad at her oncologist, mad at her nurses, mad at the pharmaceuticals. She claims she was permanently disabled after only four chemo treatments. And I realized how blessed I am that as soon as this tiredness passes, I'll be fully functional again--after 50 chemos. (Her postings came to an abrupt end about a year ago. I wonder if her rage killed her.) When I visited the doctor after our return from Nassau, there was a possibility that I was developing diabetes and high blood pressure. Blood tests ruled out the former, and this week's BP check ruled out the latter. Chemo often attacks the liver, kidneys, heart, etc. The doctor monitors mine regularly, and all the numbers are perfectly in the normal range. See why I say I'm blessed? Thank you so much for all your prayers.

I'll get another round of blood tests on March 11, and if I "pass," the doctor has approved a week's delay before the next chemo to allow us to go to Indiana where (oh joy!) the entire family plans to gather for Easter. It will be our first opportunity to meet our new great granddaughter and catch up with our rapidly growing great grandson. Every person is so precious, and it's been a very long time since we were all together.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home