Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 10, 2008

God never quits

Yesterday's lesson was about a dysfunctional family in Genesis, specifically Jacob's--with his two wives and two concubines, not to mention his deceptive, sneaky ways. Amazingly, God had a plan for him and his family that nothing could hinder. And God never quits. That's very comforting. I mentioned to a friend yesterday that I believe God is still answering the prayers of my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother in the lives of our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. (My forebears were in the habit of praying for their known offspring each day, by name, followed by a prayer for those "yet to be born.")

Last week a couple in the mission candidate class gave a brief summary of their life story in chapel. They "apologized" that they had no dramatic account of deliverance from an abusive family or personal moral meltdown. They concluded that God does as big a miracle in shielding one from such horrors as He does in rescuing another out of them. We rejoice with all of them in the goodness of the Lord as He specifically and personally works in each person's life.

I'm thankful to feel no worse this morning. I'm going to try to get in to the doctor's office today; maybe blood tests will reveal a shortage of something that can be remedied.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home