Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Turn-around day

I think today is the day I come back to life. My brain actually seems to be working, and my stomach is much better. I'd love to go to church, but a friend who works in the hospital advises against it because of so much flu in the city. Anyway, I'm not very strong yet after a diet of clear liquids. I'm so sorry to miss. Today I'm going to move on to the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce, toast).

It's been so wonderful to have Karin here. We've been discussing a question her law school friend is bothered by. Does God really respond to our prayers? Or has He already made up His mind what He's going to do and that's what He will do? Maybe, she speculates, prayer is for our benefit and not for God's. Well, I'm sure that greater minds than ours have grappled with this issue. For me, the question begins to resolve itself when I define prayer as a conversation between friends rather than a shopper placing an order. I admit that in prayer we do ask for things, but I don't think that should be the dominant thing. Since God really is the only wise One, and since He's my Friend, as we talk together, He can show me what He wants to do. And then why wouldn't I ask Him to do that? Then He will do it, and will give me the joy of seeing my prayer answered. He is so committed to relationship that He even wants to give us the credit for partnering with Him in His purposes. That works for me.

Speaking of relationship, last evening Karin crawled into my bed and we just lay there and talked for a couple of hours. That will be the cherished memory of her visit here.

I continue to need prayer that the chemo won't damage any organs. I'll have tests on March 11 for that. If a problem shows up, I suppose the doctor won't want me to go spend Easter with the family. And a really big prayer need is for our Liberian friend who is waiting for a heart transplant. He's in the hospital with severe flu symptoms. His heart is so fragile that he really needs a miracle of God's care.

Have a great day.
Carol

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 03, 09:32:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You continue to be blessing to us. You wrote:

"And a really big prayer need is for our Liberian friend who is waiting for a heart transplant"

That is what shows the kind of person you are, such a servant of God. In the midst of all that is attacking your life, you lift others up in prayer.

Oh to be so strong, both physically and in faith.

 
At Mon Mar 03, 05:21:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Ron and Wendy,

Thanks for such an encouraging comment. I don't want to appear like a faith hero. Because I'm not. Part of my strength is the amazing prayer support you and others provide. And actually, I have less self-pity when I pray for others with even greater needs. I really have been SO blessed. You are a blessing, too.
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home