Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Monday was a good day

I spoke with the nurse yesterday morning, and we both agreed that the need for medical help had passed. I ate a light breakfast at 7, and still felt good when I called her at 9. All day I had no nausea, and even worked at my office for a couple of hours, then two more hours at the desk here at home later in the day. Isn't it amazing, after such a low spot over the weekend? So I'm on target to meet my deadline for uploading the magazine files to the designer before the end of today. I'm thankful. I read a report awhile ago that chemo really does measurable damage to the brain. I believe it. I make silly mistakes, and I forget so much.

A few days ago, the reading in Streams in the Desert quoted Martin Luther's dying words. "These pains and troubles here are like the type that printers set. When we look at them, we see them backwards, and they seem to make no sense and have no meaning. But up there, when the Lord God prints out our life to come, we will find that they make splendid reading." In this digital age, printers' type has become a novelty, and the quote doesn't really apply. But I paid two years of college expenses by typesetting, and I remember it well. (Burned fingers too, as I was heat-stamping personalized book bindings with gold leaf.) Ah well, "splendid reading 'up there.'"

I appreciate all the love and prayers over the past week. Now I get three weeks off (until March 26) before chemo is scheduled again. See me smile?

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 05, 05:56:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Diane Wickstrom said...

Aunt Carol, I am up after a feeding. For some reason, you are on my mind, in my prayers. Thanks so much for your card. We are thoroughly enjoying Caleb and feeling so blessed. He had his 2 month birthday on Monday. At times in the past, have wanted to comment on your postings, but didn't really know what to say. I do have to say that the impact of your blog is incredible. I am grateful for the wisdom you share, and think of all the others out there soaking it up. When I am hurting, frustrated, or simply zooming through the superficial of life, God has spoken through you to surrender my tight grip on things, and to bring my focus back onto that which is of more depth, transcendence, importance. I am glad to hear there is a reprieve for you for the next few weeks.
With love, Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home