Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Who could make such a promise?

I have a handmade throw with squares printed with favorite Bible verses and songs. I was looking at this one last night: "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken," says the Lord (Isaiah 54:70). Isn't that amazing? Unshakeable love!

We got more than two inches of rain yesterday. We've been in a very serious drought, and while this doesn't yet make up the deficit, it's certainly welcome. More is predicted later this week, and we are hopeful. We're on complete outdoor water restrictions, which will make it hard to replace the plantings that died in last summer's drought (2007 was the driest year here on record). Not a matter of eternal significance, but it would be nice to have a pretty garden again.

I got the magazine files uploaded to the designer shortly after noon yesterday--relief. Then I was happy to come home and get some rest. I'm not feeling sick, just weak. And my head feels weird from time to time. (It will take courage to get back in that chemo chair on the 26th for another treatment.)

In the night I got thinking about J.S. Bach. At the end of most of his compositions, he wrote the initials, SDG (Soli deo gloria, to God alone be glory). I'd like to write that at the end of each of my days.

Thanks, as always, for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home