Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Strength

Still looking for strength beyond my own, I was happy to read Psalm 29:11 yesterday: "The Lord gives His people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace." Strength and peace--enough for each day. I'll take it!

Big answer to prayer yesterday--I got in to see the oncologist at 9:45. What's the chance of an open spot in his schedule? Then the report on blood counts showed everything within normal ranges. We must not forget what a miracle this is after so much toxicity. Two more reports are due today (to indicate the health of organs such as heart, liver, and kidneys). I pray for "normal" there too.

The doctor assured me that cisplatin--all by itself--is mean enough to account for this crushing fatigue as well as the long-lasting nausea (which is much better now). So I returned home comforted, even though no treatment was called for. The doctor explained the difference between immediate and delayed nausea, and showed me how to rearrange my anti-nausea medications for better management next time. Also, next time I'm going to get fluids infused the three days following chemo to see whether that makes a difference.

And then I came home and slept the rest of the day. I kept intending to go to work eventually, but never really came up out of the deep hole. I do hope for more waking hours today.

So grateful for your prayers,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home