Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 23, 2008

Quit reading now, if you want only good news

Nothing can take away the beautiful gift I received on Wednesday--feeling perfectly well all day. (Since it was my birthday, I think God gave me that birthday gift.) Yesterday wasn't quite so sweet. I threw up early in the morning, took an anti-nausea pill, and that sent me back to bed for a couple of hours. I put in three good hours at work, slept during my iron infusion, mostly rested until dinner, and then threw up everything at bedtime. A beautiful night's sleep has me feeling great again this morning, but you can imagine that I'm a bit leery of food. I'm confused, not sure what to do to make it through 13 more days on Hexalen.

But my second cousin needs prayer way more than I do. She's entering the hospital, followed by nursing home, for a total of 6 weeks while they treat a very serious osteo-myelitis in her toe. (She has severe diabetes.) Her husband is still reeling from the recurrence of his cancer. They're extraordinary people who have done so much good for so many. Please pray for God's comfort and peace for them.

A friend told me that one meaning of the word comfort is "to sigh with" someone. So many of you have "sighed" with me during this journey, and I'm so grateful to you. If you're going through a rough patch and I know about it, I will also "sigh with" you. And the bottom line is this: "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God" (2 Corinthians 1:17). I am so thankful to be safe in the care of this God!

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home