Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Simply Waiting

Before going to sleep last night, I read a quote from Vance Havner: “Simply wait upon Him. So doing, we shall be directed, supplied, protected, corrected, and rewarded.” Waiting is not something that I am good at, but that spoke to my heart, and I was shortly off to sleep.

Yesterday was a busy day for Carol. We had a visit from our Hospice nurse, a couple visits from friends, and spent about three hours in the car and at the doctors for examination and getting some fluids. That was a BIG day in Carol’s weakened condition. Just before leaving the infusion room, I was talking to one of the nurses, and she said “…certainly you are not really thinking of taking her to that wedding, are you?” She is a very sweet and caring nurse, just trying to speak her true feelings…I had to agree with her for the moment, but told her that we still have a few days before having to make a final decision, and anything is possible for God! She agreed.

I awoke suddenly for some reason at 1:30 AM and went in to check on Carol. She was sound asleep, so I quietly kneeled at the foot of her bed praying for her and for wisdom. I remember telling the Lord that we have some mountains to move…I don’t know what to do, but He does. Suddenly I heard a sound that I could not believe…it sounded like her stomach was growling. I quietly got up and stood over her listening, and sure enough…in was growling…big time. I believe that is a good indication. The nurses had been listening with a stethoscope for sounds there and could hear a tiny bit, but this was loud. Thank you Lord for this bit of encouragement…may our faith continue to grow!

This morning I opened my Bible to Matthew 17:20 to again read the words of Jesus when he said in part “…if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” That verse came to mind earlier as I went to sleep. I thought of the tiny mustard seed in a small plastic sleeve still between the pages of my Bible, that our beloved teacher Tom had given us possibly 9-10 years ago when we were studying that passage, and shortly I drifted back to sleep again.

Today will be another day of walking with Him and with each other. Thanks again for standing with us so faithfully. Your encouragement means more than you can imagine.

Love,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home