Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 14, 2008

God loves you!

God loves you!

Carol had a restful night. When I checked on Carol at 2:00 AM, she was making some sounds as if to be dreaming. Shortly, she awoke and indicated that it was some sort of a dream about thanksgiving. For about an hour she was somewhat awake as I prayed with her and we talked a bit. As I was leaving the room, I gave her a kiss and she opened her eyes and said “God loves you Chuck,” to which I responded “and has a wonderful plan for your life.” We talked briefly about that and both were off to sleep shortly.

I believe that my mind “played” with that statement during the night, because when I awoke, it was right up front. As I thought about that plan, I was reminded of how easy it is to interpret that as good health, happiness, great job, comfort and the list could fill this page. But is that really the primary plan of God? When I think about prayer requests from a group, and my own frequent prayers, it would appear that way.

I believe that it is far to easy to interpret verses like Jeremiah 29:11 incorrectly thinking that His “plans for good” for us are all about us. Certainly they are about us, but more importantly they are about Him. I find it far to easy to forget that he allows everything that comes into my/our life, with the end result of preparing us for eternity and glorifying Him along that road. I’ll be thinking through that a bit more today as Carol and I travel that winding road with cancer.

Those are a few thoughts from a tired mind this morning. Carol is now awake and tells me that she may be able to do the blog tomorrow. We continue to pray for strength and wisdom. Thanks for joining us in prayer!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home