Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 13, 2008

Lisa arrived

This has been a bit of an uncomfortable night for Carol. We have increased her pain meds considerably, but are finding it difficult to stop the pain completely. I just put her back to bed at 2:00 AM and am awaiting daughter Lisa’s arrival shortly. Yes, her train is scheduled for 2:20 AM and our dear friend Stuart is making the run for me. I do not expect to get back to sleep before she arrives, so this is a good time to blog. Possibly we can sleep in a bit in the morning.

Yesterday in The Daily Message I was reading 2 Samuel 21-24 and was reminded of how easy it is to give “great” sacrifices/gifts to God that cost us nothing. As David goes to buy items to offer a sacrifice to God, he gets an offer that I would think he could not refuse. Araunah is quick to offer all that he was needing for NOTHING! But David responds; “No, I’ve got to buy it from you for a good price, I’m not going to offer God, my God, sacrifices that are no sacrifice.” Or as some translations say it; …”that cost me nothing.”

Wow…how many times have I been guilty of fooling myself? Did I go to that class, that service, that meeting or what ever for God, or was the real motivation to spend time with my dear friends or to satisfy my own needs? Is my volunteer work satisfying my own need or am I actually giving a gift to God? That is a big issue to “chew” on. Thanks for the reminder Samuel. I needed that!

Lisa arrived (train was only 30 minutes late) and Carol was awake to see her and chat briefly. We are all tired, so are heading back to bed for some needed sleep. Tomorrow will be a full day with the two girls here. We are so thankful for such a caring family…that includes you too!!!

Thanks for your love and prayers.

Love,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home