Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 06, 2008

Two questions

Proverbs 30 was part of my reading last evening, and I pondered verses 5-9 off and on during the night, and found them at the front of my mind as I awoke this morning. The Message translation indicates this as a discussion between the skeptic (vs. 1-4) and the believer (vs. 5-9) . The believer says in 7-9

“…God, I’m asking for two things
before I die; don’t refuse me—
Banish lies from my lips
and liars from my presence.
Give me enough food to live on,
neither too much nor too little.
If I’m too full, I might get independent,
saying, ‘God? Who needs him?
If I’m poor, I might steal
and dishonor the name of my God.”

I am asking myself…what two things should I be asking God before I die? It seems that the writer of Proverbs had his head on straight.

We meet with the doctor in the hospital early this morning and are planning to take Carol home, having hospice available. This will be a new adventure for all of us. Please pray for Carol’s adjustment, healing and encouragement. Also, this old man will need a special measure of patience and strength coupled with great wisdom as we continue to travel this road. Over and over I am reminded of His strength in my weakness.

Love to you all,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home