Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Special visits

These have been special days as I visit with family and friends. It is amazing how easy it is to pick up conversations with friends that have been out of my life for years, and it seems like we were together only a few days before. We quickly update each other about family and experiences and enjoy the special time together.

Yesterday was a restful day in Michigan with Sue who had the day off. We caught up on email and just chatted and took it easy. The newlyweds, Justin and Laura stopped by in the afternoon and in the evening I visited their lovely new apartment located in a converted 1800's prison. It is a loft-type unit, very spacious with very high ceilings and an exposed original red brick wall with a huge barred oval topped window. The unit is new and they are enjoying it very much even if they do not spend much time there with Justin in medical school and Laura very busy managing two dance studios. Sue, Jeff, Justin and I went out for pizza but Laura was unable to join us because she was starting new classes of students.

This morning I plan to head to Traverse City to visit a special friend that I have not seen for several years, and who lost his wife some time ago. I plan to end the day at the home of some friends in the North that volunteer at SIM for several months each year and have been a special blessing.

As I travel from place to place, I am reminded of the Lord's words to Moses in Exodus 10:2. "You will be able to tell wonderful stories to your children and grandchildren about the marvelous things I am doing...to prove that I am the Lord." Yes, these visits are very special but difficult without having Carol with me. At the same time it is a special blessing to hear about what the Lord has been doing in each life and be able to enjoy such wonderful fellowship.

I just cannot thank each of you enough for your prayers, emails and phone calls of encouragement and updates as I travel. You all are so special to me!

May the Lord be your encouragement today!

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 04, 12:14:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dad!

Don't wear yourself out! I am praying for you several times every day. Have fun!

Love,
Your southern Daughter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home