Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Choices

Yesterday morning, I led devotions/prayers at the office. Earlier in the morning I read the daily reading in Indeed, which caused me to change my topic. The title was Constant Change. The writer referred to Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 with a focus on verse 1 “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun.”

He said that Solomon, the likely writer, had “...seen emptiness and futility. And apart from God, he has seen meaninglessness. If there is no God, if no after life, if no hidden hope that we cannot see, then there’s no point to any of this life that we’re living.” He continued; “In our lives, there will be unfruitful seasons. There will be times of discouragement and even despair. There will be pointless tasks and intractable conflict. Interspersed with all the joys of the human experience...”

That brought my thoughts to Moses when he reviewed the Covenant with the Israelites prior to his death, and concluded dealing with life is our choice. He said “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live! Choose to love the LORD your God and to obey him and commit yourself to him.” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

I am finding that so true in my life This is not a fun time/adjustment, but I have a choice how I handle it. Whether here or overseas we have to deal with unpleasant things. How we respond is our choice. As one of my former pastors would say; "my response is my responsibility."

For some strange reason I have developed a very painful ankle, and do not know what I did to cause it. I did quite a bit of yard work Saturday but was not aware of hurting it. I am watching it, taking pain killers and using ice to cool it to hopefully reduce the swelling. A good opportunity to exercise choice and not let it get me down.

Thanks for your prayers.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home