Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 25, 2008

Healing Counsel

“All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before we know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 The Message)

The Apostle Paul, describes my experience so well. When a counselor from Hospice called recently to check on me, I was delighted to be able to report to her about my progress and what God has been teaching me through my daily time in His Word and in prayer. It has also been a blessing to have the opportunity to be available to others, both friends and strangers, who contact me about challenges they are facing. It is clear to me that I not only need healing counsel, but it is important to be available to pass it on as requests are shared.

Along with my reading in 2 Corinthians, I have also been reading the Psalms. The following seemed to parallel my Corinthians reading:

“I love GOD because he listened to me,
listened as I begged for mercy.
He listened so intently
as I laid out my case before him…”

“GOD is gracious – it is he who makes things right,
our most compassionate GOD…”

“I said to myself, ‘Relax and rest.
GOD has showered you with blessings.
Soul, you’ve been rescued from death;
Eye, you’ve been rescued from tears;
And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling.’”

“What can I give back to GOD,
for the blessings he’s poured out on me?
I’ll lift high the cup of salvation – a toast to GOD!
I’ll pray in the name of GOD;
I’ll complete what I promised GOD I’d do,
and I’ll do it together with his people.
When they arrive at the gates of death,
GOD welcomes those who love him.
Oh, GOD, here I am, your servant,
your faithful servant: set me free for your service!”
(Excerpts-Psalm 116)

The Apostle Paul and I close with this desire: “May all gifts and benefits that come from God our Father and the Master Jesus Christ, be yours!” (2 Corinthians 1:2 The Message)

Enjoy His blessings today!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home