Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Distress

The Apostle Paul writes about the distress that the Corinthians experienced from a rather blunt letter that he had written them. As I read about their response, I desire to have the same response to difficulties that come my way. Even one of the greatest, the loss of dear Carol to cancer. Paul writes;

“You let the distress bring you to God, not drive you from him. The result was all gain, no loss.”

“Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from GOD are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets.”

“And now, isn’t it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you’ve come out of this with purity of heart.”
(2 Corinthians 7:9-11 – The Message)

Now that was quite a response from a letter. I trust that I will learn to respond to every word of correction or difficult situation in my life in the same manner. Yes, my response is my responsibility!

On Friday I plan to drive to our Indiana lake house to spend the long Labor Day weekend with family members that can join me there. After which I will head to Michigan to order a grave marker and spend time with family and friends in that area. It is always a great blessing to be with the family and catch up on their lives. Phone calls and emails are fine, but they just do not compare to being together.

Speaking of blessings, we have been blessed with heavy rains. Over six inches in the past two days, and still raining. One weather report said that this is the most rain during a 24 hour period that Charlotte has received since 2004. This should help to replenish our water levels. Thank you Lord!

And thank you Lord for family and friends that continue to faithfully pray and keep in contact with me. May I keep in mind that I am blessed to be a blessing.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home