Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finishing Well

I am taking advantage of this beautiful 70’s weather on Saturday to enjoy the patio with many birds and butterflies flitting by. The humming birds are frequenting the feeders and a young cardinal is screaming at its mother for food while she stands by watching and as she chirps at him. I suspect she may be saying; “kid you are old enough to start hustling your own groceries.” The laundry is started and many things await my attention, but it seems that the priority at the moment is to spend some time feeding my mind and soul as I enjoy this morning after a busy week.

Continuing my daily reading in The Chronicles, I have been reading chapters 22-24 today, and am reminded of Carol’s desire to finish well. King Ahaziah was killed and his equally wicked mother, Athaliah assumed the role of Queen, massacring all of the royal family with the exception of infant Joash who was hidden away for six years. At the age of seven and after the violent death of Queen Athaliah, Joash was made king.

Under the teaching and training of Jehoiada the priest, it is written; “Joash did what pleased GOD throughout Jehoiada’s lifetime.” Later we read; “But after the death of Jehoiada things fell apart.” During that time the Spirit of God moved Zachariah the priest to speak up; “Why have you deliberately walked away from GOD’s commandments? You can’t live this way! If you walk out on GOD, he’ll walk out on you.” Bottom line was that he turned a deaf ear, the Aramean troops attacked Joash, he was left badly wounded and his own servants finished him off. I believe that Joash was about 47 at the time of his death…in the prime of his life.

As I recall my mid-life years (and later), I remember many opportunities to walk away from God and am thankful for his grace, mercy and yes, even forgiveness. Joash got so angry with Jehoiada that he actually gave the order to have him murdered. I was thinking about the contrast in the reception that each of them received when they passed through that curtain of death. I would not want to be Joash!

As we have been studying “respectable sins” in Tom’s class, I am again reminded that all sin is sin in the eye of God. That reality hopefully affects my response to every suggestion or impulse throughout each day…Lord, help me to be obedient to your Spirit today, that I might finish well today and during the balance of this life!

The ankle/foot are much better. Thanks for praying!

My Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home