Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 soon to be history

Thank you Lord for a special time with the family and safe travel back home. Truly an answer to all of our prayers. It was also no hardship to transition from the wintry weather in Michigan to a sunny 70 here upon my arrival. I made a brief visit to friend Bud at the hospital who had hip replacement yesterday. I had the opportunity to see the doctor while there, and he was pleased with the outcome. Bud was having minimal pain with his greatest problem at that time being an itch which seemed to be a reaction to the medication. We pray for his healing.

The last day of 2008! Last year at this time I had a sampling of living alone while Carol had a special time with our three daughters at Lisa's home in DC. Looking back at her notes, Carol wrote; "It's hard to believe this is the last day of 2007. Would we really want to know all that lies ahead in 2008--both the good and bad? It's enough, I think, to know the One who has promised strength for each day." And He did provide strength for each of us and that strength continues to carry us day by day!

As I reflect upon the past year, the 29th chapter of Jeremiah reminds me of the plans of our loving Father. Verse 11 is a favorite verse quoted by many...His good plans to give us a future and a hope. There are however qualifications attached..."Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed. GOD'S Decree."

I like that for a New Years resolution. Lord help me to involve you in every decision...every action...every thought in 2009. That I will live my life according to your will and allow you to be central in every thought.

Have a Blessed New Year!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home