Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, December 19, 2008

Thankful!

Early this week I received word that our good friend Jim Wayner was killed in a plane crash in Florida. Carol and I had visited with them in their new home earlier this year. I still feel in shock and can only imagine the shock for his wife Julie and the family. A service to celebrate his life was on Wednesday and when I heard from Julie yesterday, she filled me in about some additional details and was praising the Lord for the wonderful years together with Jim and the Lord's blessing upon their lives. They have been in all of our prayers this week!

Carol's cancer buddy John had his procedure on Wednesday to move one vocal cord closer to the other in an attempt to help him be able to speak again. Since the surgery he is not allowed to attempt to utter a word until healing takes place in a couple of days. What a challenge that must be.

Our friend Joe is spending his last days on earth doing a final reading through the Bible. Being confined to his bed he is using that time to study God's word and encourage everyone around him. An example for each of us in our every-day activities!

I have been blessed by many many Christmas cards and letters arriving each day. Nearly every one with a personal note attached assuring me of love and frequent prayers...I am blessed! Hopefully I will be able to get a brief letter out shortly after the holidays when travel and year end activities are over.

Yesterday I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner and Celebration at Carol's former office. The presentation included a lovely tribute to Carol with photographs that brought back many wonderful memories. It was a thrill to join Carol's former coworkers at the party.

My plans are to celebrate Christmas with all of the family at daughter Sue's home in Michigan. Travel plans are not certain yet. I am watching the weather and will be driving at such time as it appears that the roads will be relatively clear.

A couple of short verses which I read in Indeed this week keep coming to my mind as I think about God's perfect timing:

"Be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (Psalm 27:14)

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1)

Vance Havner reportedly said; "Simply wait upon Him. So doing we shall be directed, supplied, protected, corrected, and rewarded."

Thankful for our wonderful Lord and Savior...and for each of you!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home