Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, December 04, 2008

No travel problems

The trip to Indiana was without incident and while the snow was beautiful on the mountains, it did not create a problem on the road. Gavin and I will head on to Chicago this evening after his swim meet here.

On my way here, I received two phone calls about Michigan friends in need of prayer. Our dear friend Ross who worked on the celebration for Carol for me received a surprise diagnosis of colon cancer, which he was warned today could be somewhat extensive. He is meeting with the surgeon tomorrow and hopes to schedule an early surgery date then. Also, our good friend Norm is in the hospital with a heart attack and had a stroke while there. Please join me in praying for both of these special long-time Michigan friends and their families.

My human mind says that I will ask the Lord about how all of these illnesses fit into his total plan when I get to heaven. But I suspect that when I see Him face to face, his love and compassion coupled with the knowledge of His grace and mercy will not require an answer. But right now, I want to ask why?

In the meantime I will be content to FROG (Fully Rely On God) through the days that he allows me to continue on this side of that curtain of death.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home