Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, December 12, 2008

Fresh Strength

Today friend Ross has colon surgery in Michigan. Join me in praying for the surgeons and assistants that they will have special wisdom and skill as the deal with the cancer. Also for a special measure of strength and peace for Ross, Inky and the family as they await the outcome.

It was on December 7 three years ago when we found Carol had a massive cancer. Through numerous miracles, surgery was scheduled and Carol was headed home from the hospital on Christmas afternoon. What a Christmas gift! This is a difficult time of year to work in a surprise surgery, as I well recall, and I have been praying often for Ross and his family. As I have been praying, I am continually reminded that God is in control and I know that they are praying as did we, that He will be glorified through all of this.

Today I was thinking of Isaiah 40 as He reminds Israel and us:

"GOD doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon GOD get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles.
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind."
(The Message)

May each of us tap into that fresh strength today.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home