Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, December 05, 2008

Chicago is COLD!

Gavin and I arrived at the hotel around 11:00 pm and Jeremy and Sue were waiting for us. After about an hour of chatting, we were off to dream land. There were a few snow flurries as we came into Chicago, but no accumulation for which I am thankful. This morning we hear that the temperature is only nine degrees, so we decided to stay inside until it is a bit milder out. The sky is clear and sun beautiful with minimal wind, so it should at least feel warmer outside shortly.

This morning Gavin is attending several classes with Jeremy and we will all meet for lunch with some Moody friends. The afternoon is open, depending upon the weather. We will be attending Candlelight and Carols in the evening with a reception following.

Saturday we will be leaving fairly early to be back in Warsaw by 11:00 am so that Gavin will be ready for his next swim meet. I was delighted to be able to be at his first meet Friday. He did well and is motivated to learn more about the strokes so that he can continue to improve. Jeremy suggested that they could do some swimming at the Moody pool today if time permits.

Thanks to all of you who faithfully keep up with me. Your love and prayers mean so much!

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sun Dec 07, 04:00:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chuck,

With the holidays I have missed visiting with you. Your family is continually in my thoughts and prayers always.

I am happy to hear your able to spend time with your family. it sounds like your building many cherished memories. I know it is difficult in those quite moments, please take every opportunity to surround yourself with the love of family and friends :) While also keeping in mind it is healthy to let those emotional moments flow as it helps us to heal.

We do not experience snow where we reside... I am in awe of your description... it sounds like a Winter Wonderland :)

Thank you for keeping those of us whom cannot be there with you up to date. I know for me it is such a blessing to have the internet... as I have met so many wonderful people along the way.

I wish you a beautifully blessed holiday season with many wonderful memories along the way.

**Lots of Hugs**

Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home