Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a day of mixed emotions for me, but ultimately a day of thanksgiving for God’s goodness…His grace and His mercy! As I was talking with daughter Lisa on the phone, I choked up several times talking about that. The previous day I had a call from grandson Justin. He updated me about medical school, their desire and plan to graduate debt free, and activities he and Laura have been involved in. It has been five busy months since their wedding which Carol was miraculously able to attend in Michigan. He also told about having their apartment broken into with several electronic items stolen along with a Christmas gift for their nephew. As I responded with sadness, he quickly said; “No big deal grandpa. It was just stuff. Nobody was hurt and it could have been worse. We will be able to replace it someday.” I don’t know of anything that makes a parent and grandparent more proud of their offspring than seeing them walking with the Lord, trusting Him, and thankful for whatever they have…or have left!

It brought to my mind Luke 17:12-19 when the ten lepers called out to Jesus asking for His mercy/healing. After following His instructions, all ten were healed! But only one took the time to come back and thank him. As I thought about that event, I wonder if my average is even that good? Do I even take time to thank Him for every tenth act of grace and mercy (blessing) that He provides for me? I am blessed to have children and grandchildren that minister to this old man…oops…Sorry…Carol frequently reminded me not to use that “O” word.

I celebrated Thanksgiving Day by starting a major cleaning of the study/office which has been neglected for too long. I am a saver, and it is time to “desave” and do a good cleaning. Hopefully I will be able to complete that job today. The afternoon and evening was spent at my neighbors enjoying a wonderful meal and watching some fun old-time Christmas videos. It was a day of Thanksgiving for me.

I trust that yesterday, and each day, will be filled with thanksgiving to our wonderful Lord and Savior!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home