Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Four months

Four months ago last night, Carol took her final breath in her cancer-ridden body. I am certain that I will never forget those moments around her bed, and that amazing moment at 11:30 pm. What a joy it is to know that she was then healed and is enjoying her new life surrounded by the ones she loved that preceded her, especially her Lord and Savior, Jesus.

Yesterday while doing some cleaning in the house, I stopped to read some thoughts that Carol carried in her purse. When her health issues loomed huge, she would reflect on the Truth and find peace and courage to carry on with a big smile and the confidence that all, even her very life, was in the Lord’s hands. Here is a sampling of what she had written as reminders:

“As for God, His way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.”
(Psalm 18:30)

“When my heart is overwhelmed,
Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.”
(Psalm 61:2)

“Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
For our hope is in You alone.”
(Psalm 33:23)

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
Yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, says the Lord.”
(Isaiah 54:10)

That is a sampling of what kept Carol encouraged, giving her a solid hope for her future. Frequently I turn to those and similar words of encouragement for strength and courage. The loss is great, but the future is worth it all even when the pain brings tears to my eyes.

It is my prayer that this will be a day of growth and preparation for you and for me as we enjoy the fellowship of believers and learn more about the One we look forward to spending eternity with.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home