Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Whom or what do I trust?

This has been one of those extra busy weeks. Thanks to each of you who have checked on me to be sure everything is okay when I didn't get a blog out mid-week. I also had the tremendous blessing of being invited out to dinner at the homes of two wonderful couples during the week. Over the years, Carol and I have been blessed of God with many friends that He has brought into our lives.

Days at the office are usually quite full, but evenings can be lonely. I am thankful for God's presence with me through His Holy Spirit at that time as well as throughout the day. It has been a growing experience to continually turn to Him for wisdom, guidance and for companionship...Things that I likely would not have learned before being alone back when I was feeling quite confident in Carol and my joint abilities. Yes, I have even learned a bit about cooking and food preparation terms that never entered my mind before. Also about the settings on the washer, dryer and iron. I even have sewed on couple loose buttons.

As I was reading daily thoughts in the Indeed this week, I have been thinking about the contrast of the two kings, Asa (2 Chronicles 16) and Ezra (Ezra 8) when faced with serious medical and domestic problems. Here are some quotes or near-quotes from the author which are still "speaking" to me.

"His [Asa's] approach to his problems fits the modern era easily...He came down with a severe disease that led him not to God but to doctors. His secular mind sought out kings and physicians as his first resort and God as his last." The author then asks; "Have you made the mistake of going to the doctor first and then praying to God only when medicine fails? Have you thought of God as a means to fill in the gaps around our science, technology, economics, business strategies, and other areas of secular competence?" Ouch! I'm too often guilty as charged.

In contrast the author points out that: "Ezra did what Asa wouldn't do. He sought God in a time of Peril [dealing with Babylon's threat]. Human effort in meeting our needs is not a sin. The sin is in our hearts." Then the author asks; "Do you trust God as Provider and then, if you happen to think about it, pray for His supply? Do you trust God as Protector and then, just in case, invest in the best security systems money can buy? Where do we place our hope? On what or whom do we depend?"

That reminder keeps coming to me...on whom or in what do I depend? These are good times to put that into practice. Ask me how I am doing in my progress in that area of my life...I need the challenge. It is important!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Mon Nov 17, 02:35:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck,

Today I heard a song that made me think of you... "The More I Seek You"... by Christ for The Nations. This song was so beautiful I wanted to place it on my page so others may be blessed as I was.

As I read my "Prayer Chain" page I was reminded just how special your wife Carol "is".

Please visit my website and scroll down on the homepage. You will find many songs that I love. One in particular is the song mentioned above. Please listen and may you be blessed :) You will also find my "Prayer Chain" page. Your wife and many others are spoken of there to be remembered and prayed for always.

I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing you with many wonderful family and friends that have helped you during these months of adjustment. I pray your continually blessed along this new journey God has brought before you.

Thank you so very much for keeping us updated and reaching out to so many that care.

May God Bless and Keep You Always...

Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home