Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 03, 2008

How will I respond?

It was a busy weekend and I did not get my usual blog out. Saturday was a full day working outside taking care of all of the fall chores. Vehicles needed washing, cushions needed putting away for the upcoming chilly months, plants needed taking in for the possible frosty nights, annuals needed to be removed for trash pickup and the lawn needed mowing again. Sunday was also full with church activities, lunch with friends and visitors in the afternoon. Friends are a blessing.

This evening I am helping to set up our election precinct and will be working there tomorrow. It sounds like a long day starting at 5:45 am and ending when the last of the ballots are counted. We are unable to leave the building until the last vote is recorded, and it sounds like we are looking at a large crowd. Extra machines have been requested, so hopefully we will be able to keep the line moving at a reasonable rate.

As we have been preparing for this election, many of us have been praying for the Lord's guidance. Many times 2 Chronicles 7:14 has come to mind. We, God's people, need to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways for God to hear, forgive our sin and heal. I believe that healing is needed in numerous areas.

Reading in Ezekiel 20 I am encouraged as God, speaking of Israel, says; "I acted out of who I was, not how I felt." I like that. Might His people also act out of who they are to "protect the honor of His name" as mentioned in verses 9 & 14.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home