Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 05, 2009

Have a Blessed New Year

I trust that you all had an enjoyable New Years. I have to confess that it would not rate as one of my best. I was able to get a number of things done at the house, spent some time reviewing pictures from past years and reflecting upon God’s goodness. But as you can imagine, along with the thrills of remembering so many wonderful times, there still is an underlying pain from the loss of the love of my life. I am thankful for a family and friends that continue to encourage me and a God that I am learning to fully trust as I commune with Him.

The BIG news for the new year is that grandson Jeremy is now engaged to Juliana. They still have some college ahead of them so are projecting a wedding in 2010. This next semester Jeremy will be studying from Jerusalem. We trust that things will settle down there so that he is able to travel around the area as planned.

For several years Carol and I have used the devotional Indeed as part of our morning study time. I was delighted to see that the theme this year is a focus on what it means to worship in Word and with our lives. That could not come at a better time for me. I believe that it is a key to making a proper/healthy adjustment to my new challenges of life.

Here are a few thoughts that spoke to me: “He wants our outward expression to match our inward attitudes…We turn a worshipful heart into a routine behavior in the blink of an eye…What was sincere devotion yesterday is a performance for God’s approval today…What was once an act of passion is now an act of obligation.” And I found the following especially timely; “The antidote to our depression and anxiety is surprising to many…Praising God lifts us above our trials and reminds us of how He overcomes them…The thought of an exalted God who is entirely on our side is an awesome inspiration…He is who He is all the time. For that, we can praise Him. All the time…Our praise opens our eyes to the truth of the situation: God rules.”

I think that I am beginning to get the point Lord. Help me to take the focus off of myself and place it on you and your will for my life.

Have a Blessed New Year!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home