Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Long?

“How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?” A question from David in Psalm 13:2 which I can certainly relate to. Nearly every morning I find the Scriptures speaking directly to me or expressing my feelings. And as I reflect upon the circumstances in each reading, I can usually see how God used that situation to accomplish His will in that particular individual or by working through that one. It is always encouraging to know that God is at work especially when things are not going perfectly for me. It is my job to be open to let Him work in and through me as He desires and NOT feel sorry for myself like a spoiled child.

After openly expressing his feelings and thoughts, David concludes; “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.” (vs. 5-6) Okay, now that is where my thoughts need to go too. How helpful and practical God’s Word is!

This was my early morning, leaving the office at 4:30 am to pick up more donated bread items for the mission. We are blessed with that wonderful gift from the bakery that helps supply our guest house and reduce costs of meals prepared for missionaries passing through Charlotte and going to and from the fields around the world. It makes a long day, but it is a privilege to be able to have a small part in what the Lord is doing around the world.

I trust that you are all keeping healthy and warm during the cold which seems to be sweeping across the country. I am thankful for the relatively mild weather that we are having in comparison of many locations.

Have a blessed day!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home