Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sessions Ending

Your calls and emails are always a great encouragement as I travel. Before we depart this afternoon, I thought I should get a quick blog out so you are aware of our plans. This morning we will hear Dr. John Jelinek and continue to enjoy the fantastic music by Ron and Gary Matthews. These have truly been days of blessing and challenge! Our plans are to make a brief stop in Orlando this afternoon to visit Carol's last living uncle and a cousin, spending the night somewhere in Northern Florida, the location is dependant upon when I get tired of driving. Lord willing, we should be back in Charlotte on Monday.

Being here without Carol has been a bit emotional, but having family and friends along side has helped to make it also a healing event for me. Several reminded me of a meeting here last year when they were in need of someone to play some difficult music on the piano, and Carol stepped forward filling the spot with excellence.

One of our speakers, Dr. Charlie Dyer did his usual excellent job speaking from Ecclesiastes yesterday. We were reminded that true knowledge, true satisfaction and true wisdom come only from God. Bottom line is that we should not be living for this life but rather for the one to come...a good reminder.

I trust that you each have a blessed Lord's Day.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home