Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleepless Time

For some reason I couldn't seem to be get back to sleep after awakening at 2:00 am. It is a good time to pray for several of you who are on my heart that may also be having a difficult time sleeping. For Joe, John, Ross and Bob who are in various stages with cancer, and for their families. For Jim who just finished the first week of 42 proton beam treatments to arrest the growth of a brain stem tumor, and for Annie, Julie, Ivan and Linda who have recently lost spouses. Daughter Sue and husband Jeff are driving home tonight from Florida and grandson Jeremy should have now arrived in Jerusalem. And for the others that my sleepy mind forgot at the moment who are also facing challenges.

My reading yesterday in The Daily Message from Psalm 16 spoke to my heart as David shared some of his hearts thoughts. Here are a few brief quotes from the Message Bible. They were an encouragement to me and are a basis for my prayers for each of you dear ones too:

I say to GOD, ‘Be my Lord!’
Without you, nothing makes sense.

And these God-chosen lives all around—
what splendid friends they make!

My choice is you, GOD, first and only.
And now I find I’m your choice!


The wise counsel GOD gives when I’m awake
is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
Day and night I’ll stick with GOD;
I’ve got a good thing going and I’m not letting go.


I had encouraging calls from wonderful out-of-state friends these past few days and enjoyed meals with others. God is amazing! Bringing that right contact or thought at the time when I need it most! Thank you Lord, and thank you dear friends who allow Him to work through you!

Tomorrow, Carol’s brother and his wife plan to fly into Charlotte so that we can drive together to Florida to attend a special Moody conference. Carol and I have so much enjoyed these conferences in past years and I am looking forward to this time with them and with others in attendance.

I can’t thank each of you enough for your love and prayers. They mean more to me that you will ever know!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home