Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Seven Months

I am always amazed how busy I can get when I feel it is time to send out another blog. I am thankful for all of you out there checking on me and praying so I will continue to do my best to get one or two out each week.

Tonight at 11:38 pm to be exact, Carol slipped through that curtain of death seven months ago. Each month on the 8th that memory floods into my mind and I am learning to thank the Lord for the nearly forty nine wonderful years enjoyed together and His tender care of Carol during those two and a half years fighting cancer. Earlier it was far to easy for me to slip into a “feeling sorry” mode for myself rather than rejoicing in what God has done and will continue to do in our lives as we are obedient to Him.

Friday I had some fun guests for the night. A couple in their mid 80’s that were on their honeymoon. Both lost their spouses after over fifty years together, one couple living in the state of Washington and the other in Pennsylvania. If you are interested, ask me about it, but I will not fill pages here telling their story.

Today I was blessed by a dear couple taking me to lunch and another couple having me at their home for dinner and an evening of rich fellowship. Now I am going to have to be careful or I will gain those pounds that I was pleased to loose earlier.

As I was working in the kitchen yesterday, I was reading some of the little cards with verses and sayings that Carol kept there for regular review. One that spoke to me as I was working and hopefully will encourage you too, was Hebrews 10:35,36.

“Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you. Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.”

Sometimes I wonder if Carol intentionally left some of these reminders around the house for me, knowing that I would have times when I would struggle too.

Tomorrow friend Bobbie in Alabama has a second eye surgery and implant. Join me in praying for a successful surgery and rapid recovery.

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 11, 12:07:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Chuck,

It has been sometime since my last visit...with 3 children we homeschool the days seem to pass by much too quickly.

Thank you for keeping us updated on your family and friends... as we keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Yes, it seems we know someone at every corner that is facing an illness. It's during those times I feel so grateful to our Lord and Savior for His Mercy and Grace. Knowing we are never far from His Loving Care. We miss our loved ones that are no longer with us... but rest in knowing we will be together again one day brings me such joy.

The blessings family and friends bring to uplift you brings you joy... just as I know you are a joy to them :) During those quite times... reflect on those moments... as they will bring you comfort :)

I smile thinking of you reading the messages Carol reflected on herself. She is there with you in those words... how sweet it is.

May you have a blessed week... filled with God's abundant Love...

Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home