Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 13, 2009

A very safe place!

I was thinking about Lady Wisdom’s words in Proverbs 8:34-37 as I awoke this morning:

“Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me,
awake and ready for me each morning,
alert and responsive as I start my day’s work.
When you find me, you find life, real life,
to say nothing of GOD’s good pleasure.
But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul;
when you reject me, you’re flirting with death.”
(The Message)

Wisdom is what I need each morning and throughout the day. We are bombarded by all sorts of so-called wisdom, but it is God’s wisdom the is really essential in our lives. Thank you Lord for your Word and for your Holy Spirit that are available to us!

Tomorrow I am taking daughter Lisa to the Bahamas to spend a few days with Carol’s sister and her husband. I am looking forward to that time together and trust it will be a special time of refreshment for both of us. Hopefully I will be able to get a blog out from there to keep you updated. Last year at this time, Carol and I had just returned from the Bahamas and she had much digestive trouble there as you possibly recall, but it was so good for her to have that special time with her sister, Ruth. A verse that came to her mind and she mentioned in the blog was Psalm 68:19 “Praise the Lord; praise God our Savior! For each day he carries us in his arms” Carol’s comment about that verse was; “That’s a very save place to be.”

I trust that each of us will be aware of those arms of love about us today.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home