Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 24, 2009

Jeremy's incredible day

As most of you are aware, grandson Jeremy has been living in Jerusalem doing a semester of study as a student at Moody Bible Institute. I have been thrilled with the occasional blogs that he puts up to show some photographs about what he is seeing and doing as well as making some very insightful comments about what he is seeing and learning. His last blog was a thriller! The following are a few excerpts:

"Saturday was one of the best days of my life. Seriously, it was incredible...We went to the Coptic Church...and after walking around for awhile, guess who shows up? Ole Sammr...He just shows up in random places. But I talked with him, realizing that God had crossed our paths miraculously for a reason. God helped me to lay out the gospel for him one more time, telling him that he HAD to make a decision, he couldn't wait because Satan would snatch the gospel from his heart if he waited. We talked, we prayed. The spiritual war inside of Sammr was visible on this face...And he made his choice, he decided to follow Jesus for the rest of his life! (HALLELUJAH!) We prayed together, I gave him a big hug and was able to point him to other Christians in the area that would help him in his walk. It was so humbling! I DID NOTHING. God worked in everything..." To read the whole story and view photographs, go to http://hemustbecomegreater.blogspot.com.

This evening friends are picking me up for a concert. Saturday I am having a group in for a Low Country Boil dinner which is my first attempt. I have warned everyone that we may have to send out for pizza if I goof. Sunday I will be joining some friends at their home for dinner. What a blessing to have friends!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home