Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good reminders

I awoke this morning with the words of several hymns going through my sleepy mind. The only one that I could reconstruct in part was God Will Take Care of You. A good reminder for me when those moments of anxiety creep in.

In my daily reading I completed Deuteronomy with Moses passing leadership responsibilities on to Joshua after having a glimpse of the Promised Land, but unable to enter himself due to his disobedience. Today, coming to the end of the book of Joshua, I was challenged by Joshua’s final words to Israel in chapter 23. As I read the chapter I asked myself if my final months and weeks of conversations will be as intentional? The next question was; will I be given advance knowledge of the time of my final breath here on earth? Carol was given a 2 ½ year indication and then a final knowledge to within days, so that she was able to be certain everything was in order and all goodbyes were said. It was a very special time to be with a very special lady! We can learn much from the last day experiences of those who pass through that curtain of death ahead of us.

A few random thoughts from chapter 23 (The Message) that challenged me: “I’m an old man, I’ve lived a long time. You have seen everything that God has done to these nations because of you. He did it because he’s GOD, your God. He fought for you…Now, stay strong and steady…Hold tight to GOD, your God, just as you’ve done up to now…Now vigilantly guard your souls: Love GOD, your God…As you can see, I’m about to go the way we all end up going. Know this with all your heart, with everything in you, that not one detail has failed of all the good things GOD you God, promised you. It has all happened. Nothing’s left undone – not so much as a word.” Challenging thoughts that hold tremendous promise in very challenging days!

I trust that you will have a blessed weekend with family and friends.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home