Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 13, 2009

Delightful time!

It was a long but an uneventful drive back home from Indiana. Grand daughter Calli packed me a wonderful lunch which included many healthy snack items that kept me chewing much of the way. There were several showers along the way but nothing that was heavy enough to cause any delay and I was able to get through Charlotte before the five o’clock rush got under way.

It was delightful being with many of our family members for the Easter weekend. Great conversation, delicious food, and some challenging games filled our days and evenings. Easter morning there were greetings of “He is risen” with the response “He is risen indeed.” We heard a wonderful message at church about the empty cross, the empty tomb and the empty burial clothes and following dinner had an egg hunt for the grandchildren that were there. With our clever hiding places, I suspect that we may continue to find a missed egg now and then around the yard this summer.

I thank God for the health and strength that he continues to give me to be able to make these trips to be with the family. I appreciate so much your prayers and the phone calls checking on my progress as I travel. It will be an early bedtime tonight.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home