Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 08, 2009

Strength from struggles

There are times when it feels like my heart could break. Tonight marks ten months since we stood beside Carol’s bed as she took that last labored breath. I came home from the office this evening and did a little yard work but I have to admit that I am not too motivated. My goal these days seems to be to keep things looking good enough so as not to embarrass our dear neighbors.

I was reading Carol’s blogs from a year ago and reminded that we were still at the lake at this time after being at Justin and Laura’s shower in Michigan. Carol was having much difficulty with nausea and extreme tiredness and wrote on this day a year ago: “Someone sent this piece of wisdom: ‘It is from the struggle, not the victory, that we gain strength.’ And I was wishing my struggles to go away, at least for a little while. I need to focus on the strength I can gain from continuing to struggle.” I am sure that is good advice for me with my adjustments which certainly are nothing compared to what Carol faced.

Today prior to our prayer time at the office, we focused on the praise and worship of our Lord. I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of encouragers. And I am reminded that praise and worship is where I need to direct my thoughts as I encounter struggles. This morning during my daily reading of The Message I started the book of Romans. A couple of verses come to mind; “Through him [Jesus] we received both the generous gift of his life and the urgent task of passing it on to others who receive it by entering into obedient trust in Jesus. You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!”

I am thankful for that amazing gift and for the health and strength that He provides. Each of you dear ones are also a great blessing. Your calls and notes are always appreciated.

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Fri May 08, 11:07:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Amanda said...

Chuck, thinking of you. I would say that your struggles and adjustments are 'different' to Carols not 'nothing'. Keep the garden up for God's glory not for your neighbours. If you do it for your King you will find joy in it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home