Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Encouraged by Nehemiah

My trip went well, arriving in a bit less than eleven hours which reminded me I did not make enough stops to stretch. I felt it when I arrived but after a good night of rest am revived and was thrilled to see a beautiful sunrise across the water as I was reading this morning. As the sun came up, our swan family came over by our piers so I went out to see the little family that has grown since I saw them early July. The “kids” are about as large as the parents as you can see below. The proud parents are in the lead, showing off their growing family.




Reading in Nehemiah this morning, it was encouraging to me to see how he faced adversity, not letting it get him down…a timely lesson for me! In chapter 4 he reports that “The whole wall was soon joined together and halfway to its intended height because the people had a heart for the work.” Shortly thereafter he reported that threats against them and their work again surfaced and; “We countered with prayer to our God and set a round-the-clock guard against them.”

Wise strategy for me when faced with challenges or discouragement:

1. Keep my heart focused on the “work” God has for me
2. Keep my focus on prayer for needed wisdom and courage
3. Keep my guard up against opposition along he way

The next couple days will be for relaxation here at the lake house and doing a few yard chores before heading North with Keith, Karin, Gavin & Calli to spend the weekend with Sue and Jeff, hopefully walking the Mackinac Bridge on Monday.

Thanks so much for your prayers and keeping in touch. You are greatly loved and appreciated!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home