Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Returned

I just remembered that I had failed to let you all know that I have safely returned to home base. Wonderful memories of the 2,500+ trip visiting kids and grand kids! It was a special delight to be able to travel the entire swing around Lake Michigan with daughter Sue. Plenty of time for chatting and absolutely perfect weather. By the way...you will be interested in learning that Justin and Laura plan to be new parents in early April. We are all excited with them! You will recall that it was their wedding that Carol was able to attend as her last road trip to Michigan.

I returned to a nice pile of items on my desk that needed attention and a Community Life Conference Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday at the office, but I am just about caught up now. I plan to be heading for the mountains tomorrow with another couple from the office for the weekend camping on The Blue Ridge Parkway, enjoying the out-of-doors.

During the first session of our conference, the speaker, Steve, asked the question; "Who are the guys that will carry your box?" (box=casket) It was a very thought provoking session about relationships with an emphasis on Philippians 2:19-30 as Paul is commending both Timothy and Epaphroditus. Steve focused on the importance of (1) a genuine interest in others, (2) a previous track record, (3) involvement in true servant hood, (4) transparency and vulnerability, and (5) having no hidden agenda. It was an excellent challenge for each of us and has come back to my mind numerous times since then.

Thanks to each of you that faithfully keep up with me day by day. I appreciate you and your prayers so very much!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home